Lane changes are applicable only to teachers. A lane change can be made when your education level changes. To make a lane change, you must have sufficient credits to move to the next level. All lane change forms can be submitted directly to Human Resources for review.
General Eligibility for a Lane Change:
- Credits must support a teacher’s field of teaching or be education related and be taken through an accredited institution.
- All credits counted towards lane changes beyond the BA lane must be earned after a teacher has received a BA degree.
- All credits counted towards lane changes beyond the MA lane must be earned after a teacher has received a MA degree.
- To convert semester credits to quarter credits multiply by 1.5.
- Credits acquired through electronic learning means may be considered for placement on the salary schedule if the coursework is offered by an accredited institution.
Acceptance of Undergraduate Credit:
- Undergraduate credit beyond the BA plus 13 SH/QH plus 20 QH is granted with preapproval by the Human Resource Department.
- The maximum undergraduate credits earned shall not exceed 8 semester or 12 quarter credits.
Payment of Lane Changes: (**The payment processed was revised in the 2015-2017 labor agreement)
- Lane changes are effective the beginning of the next pay period after the date the materials were received by Human Resources.
- Requests for lane changes submitted after May 30th will be held and applied, if granted, at the beginning of the following school year.
Lane Change Application
Request for Undergraduate Credit Approval Form