Pine Bend Elementary School first opened to Inver Grove Heights students in 1958. Through the years it has served as a home for the Inver Grove Heights District Offices as well as the National Guard. In 1991, a reborn and enlarged Pine Bend welcomed elementary students once again. We now serve approximately 625 students with a teaching staff and support staff of 50 energetic and dedicated individuals.
Pine Bend is special, not only because of its beautiful building and pastoral surroundings, but also because of its supportive parents, outstanding students and excellent staff. We have an unusually high participation in PTSA-sponsored events, as well as a remarkable volunteer network. Parents find participation in the PTSA as an excellent way to meet other parents and contribute to the success of our students. The mission of the Pine Bend PTSA is to support the educational process at Pine Bend Elementary School.